Eagles Nest Holdings, a division of Waterfront Group PLC, LLC and ENBE, LLC has over 20 years of development experience. Waterfront Group has spent many of those years in the mountains of North Carolina; nobody else has a better resume. Our Professional Land Consultants bring years of experience and are fully licensed in North Carolina.
The Lodges at Eagles Nest is just 3 miles from downtown Banner Elk, NC, right off of Hwy 194, in the heart of the North Carolina High Country. Other popular areas are just minutes away, including Blowing Rock, Valle Crucis, Grandfather Mountain, Linville, and Boone. Banner Elk is home to two ski resorts—Sugar Mountain and Beech Mountain—and has a quaint downtown area with a variety of excellent shops and restaurants. The town, known for its year-round festivals, is a bustling four-season destination.
Most of the south side of the mountain was developed in the pre-crash era of 2008. Infrastructure and amenities were built at an estimated cost of over 80 million dollars, and the original homesites commanded prices from 500K to upwards of a million dollars. After 2008, values fell and the market slowed, and the project fell into foreclosure. We then purchased the property and have since added numerous amenities, revived existing amenities and infrastructure, developed new roads, and have revitalized the most unique communities in the High Country. Since its revitalization, The Lodges at Eagles Nest has sold close to 300 properties, making it one of the most successful communities in both the mountains and the entire Southeast region.
Our base elevation is 3,500ft, but the community extends to the top ridge of Eagles Nest, which sits at 5,250 ft. From the pinnacle, you are treated to a stunning 360-degree view of the entire High Country. Our average summer temperatures are in the mid 70s, while winter temperatures vary tremendously. Snow lovers will find that it usually falls at least a few times per year on the mountain.
Community Infrastructure and Amenities
- Gated Entrance and all paved roads
- Underground power, cable, telephone and high speed internet
- The Great Camp, at 4500 ft. in elevation—popular with adults and kids alike
- The Sportsman’s Lodge, one of our newest amenities, great for concerts, nightly functions and gatherings
- Miles of ATV and Equestrian Trails
- Our Summer Concert Series almost every summer weekend
- The brand new Double Eagle Lodge, providing “on the mountain” lodging. Currently available for prospective clients, property owners, and their guests, it offers four staterooms (including one family suite).
- The ever-popular Teepee Village for the ultimate “glamping” experience, with King-sized beds, refrigerators, coffee makers, and your very own firepit. Open to owners and their guests
- The River Club, featuring a fully-renovated barn that provides a bar and eatery on the first floor, and a band stage, luxury seating, and a full bar on the upper floor
- Trophy Trout fishing in the Elk River from The River Club
- 3 stocked fishing ponds, great for all ages
- The Blue Door Spa, Salon and Coffee House, just a short distance from The River Club
- Onsite realty for home sales, resales, and rentals
Acreage and Homesites
- Properties generally range from 2 acres to 12+ acres in size
- Homesites range from $80K to $450K
- Homes available ranging from 400K to over 1 million
- Views rivaling those anywhere on the East Coast
- Carefully planned layouts maximizing the natural features of the land, while preserving privacy
- Minimum home sizes of 1200, 2200, or 3200 sq. ft., depending on the lot designation
- No timeframe to build (except the Village homesites)
- Currently, there are 23 completed homes, 8 under construction, and over 30 breaking ground
- Vacation rentals average $175/bed per night and normally have a 3-night minimum
Property Taxes and POA dues
- POA dues are $1,980(lot), $3,960(home), annually