Looking for Banner Elk Homes for Sale?
Consider Eagles Nest Realty for Banner Elk Homes for Sale.
If you're looking for Banner Elk homes for sale, consider Eagles Nest Realty – representing The Lodges at Eagles Nest. Eagles Nest has quickly become one of the highest acclaimed communities in the North Carolina High Country. Offering some of the highest elevations on the East Coast, you will quickly see why people come to Eagles Nest and never want to leave. Bountiful in high hardwood tree canopies, huge rock formations, abundant wildlife, rushing mountain creeks, and pristine blue ribbon Trout waters, Eagles Nest is truly an amazing place to both reside and visit.
Come discover what makes owning a home at Eagles Nest the most amazing opportunity in the Blue Ridge. Imagine your dream home and life at The Lodges at Eagles Nest, and then come build them both in reality—for far less than you’d think possible!
Eagles Nest features Banner Elk homes for sale that provide an array of unique amenities that can be enjoyed year round! You can fly fish on the prestigious Elk River in the morning and ride the trails on your favorite ATV/Motorcycle or Side by Side. Trail hike and then enjoy an evening of live music, food, and cocktails at our stunning 4500 ft amphitheater. Relax at the Wine and Cigar Bar or play a game of poker at the brand new Sportsman’s Lodge! There is a unique adventure awaiting you without even leaving the gates.
Picture yourself fishing on the Elk River, which is teeming with trophy trout. Then hiking, biking, or riding your ATV through miles of gorgeous wooded mountain trails that are dotted with sturdy shelters and peaceful picnic spots. Dream of falling asleep in a comfortable king-sized bed inside a luxury teepee, and then waking to enjoy a glass of fine wine in the high-elevation Cigar and Wine Bar. Imagine a picturesque reclaimed historic barn, flanked by a riding ring and arena, outfitted for equestrians, with access to miles of pristine trails. Envision your family enjoying the multi-use sports fields, winter tubing and sledding areas, basketball court, ropes course, disc golf, archery, paint ball, climbing tower, horseshoe pits, primitive camp sites, and a well-equipped barbecue pavilion.
If you're looking for Banner Elk homes for sale consider Eagles Nest Realty, LLC. The most spectacular high-elevation luxury community in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Fantasize about an outdoor amphitheater with live musicians enlivening the crisp mountain air, and about taking a spin on its spacious dance floor. Then see yourself relaxing at a beautiful Sportsman’s Lodge with a massive deck, kitchen, and beautiful outdoor fireplace, or just settling down for a massage at the Blue Door Spa. While you are dreaming, think up a Toy Barn bursting with sporting and play equipment, playgrounds for the kids, a full-service realty to handle day-to-day operations, and even helipads, for unequalled access to all of these amazing activities and the world outside. Now, daydream that you can afford not only to visit, but to actually own a home in this fantastic place!
So, if you are looking for Banner Elk homes for sale we're sure this sounds too good to be true, right? But it’s not! You have just imagined life at Eagles Nest, and, for a limited time, home sites in this amazing place are available to purchase at truly unbelievably low prices. Whether you want to live here year-round, or you want to have an amazing mountain escape for your leisure time, Eagles Nest is unlike anything else on the market, and at these prices the available lots will not remain on the market for long.
Containing Banner Elk homes for sale, The Lodges at Eagles Nest is just 3 miles from downtown Banner Elk, NC, right off of Hwy 194, in the heart of the North Carolina High Country. Other popular areas are just minutes away, including Blowing Rock, Valle Crucis, Grandfather Mountain, Linville, and Boone. Banner Elk is home to two ski resorts—Sugar Mountain and Beech Mountain—and has a quaint downtown area with a variety of excellent shops and restaurants. The town, known for its year-round festivals, is a bustling four-season destination.
Most of the south side of the mountain was developed in the pre-crash era of 2008. Infrastructure and amenities were built at an estimated cost of over 80 million dollars, and the original homesites commanded prices from 500K to upwards of a million dollars. After 2008, values fell and the market slowed, and the project fell into foreclosure. We then purchased the property and have since added numerous amenities, revived existing amenities and infrastructure, developed new roads, and have revitalized the most unique communities in the High Country. Since its revitalization, The Lodges at Eagles Nest has sold close to 300 properties, making it one of the most successful communities in both the mountains and the entire Southeast region.
Our base elevation is 3,500ft, but the community extends to the top ridge of Eagles Nest, which sits at 5,250 ft. From the pinnacle, you are treated to a stunning 360-degree view of the entire High Country. Our average summer temperatures are in the mid 70s, while winter temperatures vary tremendously. Snow lovers will find that it usually falls at least a few times per year on the mountain.
Community Infrastructure and Amenities
- Gated Entrance and all paved roads
- Underground power, cable, telephone and high speed internet
- The Great Camp, at 4500 ft. in elevation—popular with adults and kids alike
- The Sportsman’s Lodge, one of our newest amenities, great for concerts, nightly functions and gatherings
- Miles of ATV and Equestrian Trails
- Our Summer Concert Series almost every summer weekend
- The brand new Double Eagle Lodge, providing “on the mountain” lodging. Currently available for prospective clients, property owners, and their guests, it offers four staterooms (including one family suite).
- The ever-popular Teepee Village for the ultimate “glamping” experience, with King-sized beds, refrigerators, coffee makers, and your very own firepit. Open to owners and their guests
- The River Club, featuring a fully-renovated barn that provides a bar and eatery on the first floor, and a band stage, luxury seating, and a full bar on the upper floor
- Trophy Trout fishing in the Elk River from The River Club
- 3 stocked fishing ponds, great for all ages
- The Blue Door Spa, Salon and Coffee House, just a short distance from The River Club
- Onsite realty for home sales, resales, and rentals
Banner Elk Homes for Sale: Acreage and Homesites
- Properties generally range from 2 acres to 12+ acres in size
- Homesites range from $80K to $450K
- Homes available ranging from 400K to over 1 million
- Views rivaling those anywhere on the East Coast
- Carefully planned layouts maximizing the natural features of the land, while preserving privacy
- Minimum home sizes of 1200, 2200, or 3200 sq. ft., depending on the lot designation
- No timeframe to build (except the Village homesites)
- Currently, there are 23 completed homes, 8 under construction, and over 30 breaking ground
- Vacation rentals average $175/bed per night and normally have a 3-night minimum
Property Taxes and POA dues
- POA dues are $1,980(lot), $3,960(home), annually